A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Time After Time


The above piece was developed by painting lots of different layers of paint, and different types of paint eg fresco finish with distress paints.
And lots of different clock stamps from different manufacturers.







Firstly I painted a number ten tag with fresco finish limited edition eclectica then I used distress paints aged mahogany, iced spruce.


I then stamped a. Le Blanche stamp on the bottom and top right in black versfine  ink.
I then covered it with clear embossing powder and heat set. I then over painted with elephant, sage , 
lake wanaka, and snowflake.


I used a damp cloth to take back the paint in places so it was just a small amount of the image coming through. I then stamped stamper anonymous classics # 7 in the middle section in onyx black Versafine  and clear embossed. I then repeated the above process. I then sanded back in places to allow the colours underneath to peak out.


I then checked in my stash for various clocks as I tend to stamp a lot of different clocks on scrap /left over paper from previous projects. I raised a few so they would sit proud of the background.
I then arranged them all and stuck them down. Next I cut a piece of burlap ribbon along the bottom and secured it with copper screw brads added some gears. 









No comments: