A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Sunday 16 August 2015

Butterfly's

 Hi everyone I hope you are all well! I would like to offer a special warm 
welcome to my new followers. I have this plaque for you 
today it is a present for a friend.
This post is going to be very photo heavy.
So be warned!!!!
I started with Ariondack colour wash on white card.
 
Then I stamped the bubbles stamp onto it and embossed with a mix of Frantage
embossing powders. 
 
I used 3D Finnabair gloss gel through a Tando creative flourish
 stencil.
 
 Next I used Deco art media liquid glass and soft touch 
Matt varnish.
 The stamps used is Tim Holtz butterfly stencil
 & Lost Coast bubbles stencil.
 Deco Art Media interference Turquoise and Gold.
The Green & Blue butterfly
The Orange and Red Butterfly
The Magenta and Purple and Rust Butterfly.
 
  Deco Art Crackle paste to the edges.
Ok that's it for today folks I hope you have enjoyed reading and seeing it
 as much as I have making it. I just wanted to say that I do try very hard to
 pop and visit your blogs but time is becoming a real issue for me as I try
 to juggle my full time work along with my DT commitments & family. 
So please accept my apology's for being a very poor host, and thank
 you for all the lovely inspiring comments that you leave on my blog.
 I just wanted to let you know that they mean a great deal to me so
 a huge thank you to all of  you for your amazing support.



9 comments:

Irene said...

Absolutely stunning!!!!!

Shoshi said...

Dee, this is just mouthwateringly gorgeous... Love all that fabby texture and the subtle colours! Thanks so much for sharing.

Shoshi

Jools Robertson said...

Stunning so beautiful, love how you used the stamp in the background
The butterflies are exquisite, my favourite colours too!

Jools x

Unknown said...

Amazing work Dee really love it
P x

itsazoo said...

Gorgeous.....

Nan G said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful and inspiring! I'm going to pin to my must try board. ;)

Jackie PN said...

Simply scrumptious! Dee!! Your textures as always are delish and those colors-WOW! What a lucky friend! xx

Words and Pictures said...

Jaw well and truly dropped - another extraordinary mixed media artwork, Dee. The colours in the background, those wonderful butterflies - that's a lucky friend!
Alison xx

rabbitgrandma said...

Hi could you explain to me how to pin this to a board from here I don't know how to do that I'm assuming you mean on Pinterest