A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Wednesday 14 February 2018

Valentines over at Tando creative.

Hi everyone I hope you are all well it feels like a while since I was here although its only a couple of weeks . I have a heart for you today as it is Valentines day so would be rude not to. 

 
  • Take a large heart from Tando and distressed it up a bit with my craft knife.
  • Using a stencil brush dab Gesso onto it until happy with the texture of it. 
  • Make a grove in with an artist pick from the top to half way down
  • Watery washes of Cobalt Teal dry in between coats.
  • Prussian blue hue was used around the edges taking a baby wipe to blend in.
  • Quinacridone gold was then used in the same way. 
  • Take a Versa fine ink pad and dab onto the areas you want to emboss.
  • Sprinkle ageing gold embossing powder over the heart.
  • Heat set.

  • Add gems and embellishments.
  • Tripple emboss a stamp and cut out to go under neath the heart when you mount it.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my post it would be lovely to hear what you think so  why not leave a comment so I know who visited.
Well thats it from me below is a list of all the products used.



PRODUCTS USED
Tando Heart:- large heart
Dco Art:- Media line Gesso, fluid acrylic paint Prussian blue hue, Cobalt Teal, Quinacridone Gold,
Stampendous:- Aged gold embossing powder.
From my stash:- Key rusted bolt and base plate, gems & alphabet stickers.

1 comment:

Scrapintheattic.com said...

Wow Dee, I love the effects you created. The paint and embossing powders really harmonise x