A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Sunday 29 June 2014

Vanitas by Dee Adams



Hi every one!
 I wasn't sure I would get anything done this weekend

 

This Tag started out as a square and like all my pieces!!
it developed into something else.

 I have just purchased the Tim Holtz Apothecary stamp
 set so I wanted to play with it.


I sprayed the original square card with scattered straw Distress reinkers, 
mixed with a small amount of water in a mini mister bottle then I followed with 
iced spruce and a mix of mahogany and red brick


I stamped the skull image with versa fine and covered it with clear embossing powder,
which I then heat set.



I had the oriental poppy stamp from PSX, in my stash 
and did the same with this stamp.


I stamped the poppy onto white card twice, spayed them 
with the red brick mix, and cut out.


I the stamped the writing from the Tim 
Holts plate at  the bottom.


Finally I added the bling from my stash to finish off.


I hope you all like this piece. Thank you for taking the time to stop by,
  please feel free to leave a comment or two as I would love 
to hear what you all think of my art.
Happy stamping 
Dee












1 comment:

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh my giddy aunt (as an ozzy friend would say) this is incredible!! The combination of the poppies with that skull, so very, very clever, love this!!!