A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Friday 1 December 2017

My Final post for SASPC

Hi Everyone I hope you are all well and that your christmas preparations are well underway.I am sad to say that this will be my last blog post for SASPC I will be publishing a how to in December 
for their sponsor boozy bear, I hope you enjoy this piece.
I decided to do 2 journal pages for my last post and have used Pentart rust formula along with a couple of other mediums.
I started with Deco art media modelling paste in white which I put through a DaliART Stencils - Clock Face - 7x7".
I randomly applied some Deco art crackle paste in area's as well to add texture I put it aside to dry.
 Deco art chalk paint in Lace was used to paint over the entire page once dry I applied a coat of pentart silk paint dark brown over the page and wiped back with a dry tissue.
with station and used a wash of sienna and Prussian blue hue.
Antiquing cream in patina was used over the crackle paste and over areas of the clock face.
I knocked this back till I was happy with it.
I used the same stamp to stamp into air dry clay which when dry i painted with Raw umber and prussian blue hue. Once dried I highlighted with finnabairs wax's.
I used clay pieces from a mould I have and painted and guided with finnabairs wax's.
 NEW Stamperia Natural Rubber Stamp crackle was stamped in areas across the page.
Other embellishments were used to across both pages the rust effect at the bottom of both pages was created using pentart rusting powders.
A close up of the project showing the second clay piece using a Tim Holtz stamp.
Coloured using the same technique as the other one.
I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of this team and will try to pop back and take part in the monthly challenge when I can. I hope you have all enjoyed my projects over the last two years.
I will still be here on my blog creating steam punk pieces for you all to enjoy.
You have all been awesome 
Cheers Dee X

6 comments:

Senna said...

Wow, it is a really beautiful final work, with great details and wonderful rusty and fine colored moments. Your work has a impressive dynamik expression and I love it. So is it a pitty to understand it as your final work at SASPC - but for sure not the last - I hope!

Hugs - Senna

Brenda Brown said...

The way you put colours and textures together is pure alchemy my friend, these pages are just amazing xxx

Maura said...

It's hard to see these as art journal pages, there is so much wonderful texture and color built into them. What an amazing project, Dee! Colors and textures have me drooling :) We will miss you, and hope you visit when you can! hugs, Maura

Claudia N. said...

Just amazing, Dee! I love all of your highly textural makes and you always inspire me so much! Thank you so much for being with us during the last two years on our adventurous challenge-journey! We'll stay in touch!

Hugs and wishes,
Claudia xxx

MakaArt said...

Really great job!!

Carol said...

So love your amazing work Dee! Cx