A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Saturday 15 April 2017

SASPC Aprils challenge

Hi everyone I have for you today a piece of steampunk
art that I did for a retreat weekend at (MOM)
Ministry Of Mixology
As you all know I love my Steampunk and I love 
Deco Art products. 
So I used my Steampumpkin stamp from Stampendous
to stamp into my gold embossing powder.
 The tag was gessoed with black gesso followed by
crackle paint.
 The edges of the Tando tag were scraped with texture
Sand paste.
 Distressed harlequin stencil and modelling paste were 
used along the left hand side of the tag.
 Washes were used to age it all with burnt umber and 
Quinacridone gold really watery
The wings were made from paper clay and a mould
then painted gold and patina antiquing cream
applied and knocked back.
 Various embellishments from my stash were used to
finish off the piece.
Same stamp and technique different shaped 
heart.
I really hope you all enjoyed my tag for you today
and hope that you all have a great Easter.
Please feel free to ask any questions and
let me know what you think.
Kind regards Dee X

9 comments:

Susanne said...

Lovely tag Dee! So cool! What company are the "steampunk" text stamp from?

Gemma Hynes said...

Beautiful tag Dee x

Unknown said...

Thanks for putting this on your blog. It's not quite as good as doing it with you at MoM!

Maura said...

Dee, this is amazing!! Love the deep texture you created on the heart, and the word looks like an old metal tag. Fantastic!! hugs, Maura

Unknown said...

Fantastic tag, love the texture you have created, I just wish deco art products were more readily available here in AU

kksb said...

Sensational!

Unknown said...

Love that the background has lots of texture but not much pattern Dee. It seems to makes the focus totally on the LUSCIOUS heart design. The entire piece just has an ELEGANT VIB about it making me think of the Renaissance Era! BEAUTIFULLY DONE. Xj.

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

If you like Renaissance Joi my next piece on the 2nd will tick those box's.

Barbara Rankin said...

This is fabulous,Dee. Love all those textures, too!