A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Wednesday 18 November 2020

A Box for my earrings using #Mitform_castings

I made a box for my earrings as my dressing table is always full of them and i am always worried i will lose one. I created this box using an old Turkish delight wooden box which I painted with 
Fresco Finish Chalk paint . 


I used Seth Apter's midnight paint with Boro boro and space cadet and inside I used Pumpkin soup.
Once dry I used a large clock stencil from Deli art. Using translucent modelling paste I put it through the stencil when partially dry I scraped it back so the image was distressed.


I used piece of wall paper to apply pumpkin soup to the base randomly along with Boro boro to the box. 


Next a lot of dry brushing with Deco Art Tinting base I kept going till I was happy with it.


The centre piece is a #mitform_castings large cog on which I used #Decoart antiquing cream in patina black and white. I followed this with #Decoart fluid acrylic Prussian blue and Quinacridone gold & Yellow transparent Iron oxide. 


I hope you all enjoyed the project.
Thanks for popping by.
Cheers Dee x

 

No comments: