A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Saturday 5 October 2019

Dee's very personal journey into Journals

Hi everyone Dee here with a post about my Journals this is a very personal post if you just want to look at the journals thats okay. I was never really into journalling but late last year my mother had a couple of strokes and I thought I would like to remember bits so I started keeping a small journal about funny and sad things. The pages are the green ones and the collection at  the base of this post. 

Following on from that at the end of March this year I was told I had a large brain tumor I am very lucky they removed it in July I had a few complications but am well on the way to recovery and as I couldn't tell my mum I wrote it all down in my journals . As I now forget things even more than before I made the book below to write down all the new changes about me that I will need to tell the doctors when I see them at the end of the month.  



This Journal I made years ago and never used it I loved it but didn't journal so this became my medical journal with all the appointments and medical bits recorded.


This little book/journal I made for Andy Skinner Design Team and this one keeps a list of all my medical appointments.


These are the pages of my mum's journal.


More pics


These are the pages of my personal feelings Journal ready for me to date and write in.



Pics


Pics


Below is my mum's one again I write on the back of the tags.


So now I hope you will understand why I have been very quite over the last months
but hope to be carrying on with my art as it is what has helped me through.
Cheers Dee x


5 comments:

Kaz said...

These are gorgeous Dee, I also know the benefits of journaling through ill health. I'm so pleased that this is helping you and even better that the pages are so lovely for you to look at xxx

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Thank you Kaz I wasn’t sure whether to mention I’ll health as discovered I am quite private but it helped me if it can help other people that’s a good thing. X

Words and Pictures said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful journals, Dee - and for baring your soul a little too. It sounds as though you have been going through a tremendously challenging time, and it's good to hear that art has provided a little solace and comfort as you face all those difficulties. Sending hugs.
Alison x

Rose918 said...

Your journals are so beautiful and inspirational. Thanks for sharing the personal bits, too. I know that took courage, as I’ve also journaled through ill health and other life challenges. You inspire today in more than your art, and of course, we are all sending you our love and support in return. Glad you seem to be past the hardest parts, and best wishes for a full recovery.

Carol said...

You are a very beautiful, very special and very talented lady. Your work is inspirational and your struggles huge, but you never stopped creating wonderful work. I am constantly in awe of you my lovely friend. Cx