A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Steampunk


Hi everyone! today I have had loads of fun creating this piece.
I must say I really enjoyed it.


Firstly I had used a Tim Holtz Die to cut the top out of grey board.
I then cut white card and stuck it onto cardboard to strengthen. 


Next I used distress inks blended onto the card. Once satisfied I then flicked
water over the surface. 


I then used Tim Holtz number stamp in different inks and angles over the  
the distressed card.


Next I used the spider web stencil from Tim's stencils and sponged 
Frayed Burlap ink through the stencil.


I then took my Steampunk stamps and randomly stamped over  the card.


I cut a piece of foam board to fit underneath to lift the whole piece to give 
depth not forgetting to paint the sides with black acrylic.


I had inked and stamped the ruler onto separate card and cut out to fit.


The steam punk wings were stamped onto fresco painted card stock with
 Stazon black ink.


Two further cogs stamps were stamped onto the Fresco painted card.


One was placed under the steampunk wings.


Watch parts and cogs from my stash were used over the top.


The steampunk banner was stamped onto black card and embossed with 
pewter embossing powder. Then backed onto craft card that 
was distressed around the sides.


The second cog image one was part embossed and then cut out and placed
on the bottom.


Over this I glued the second ruler image.


Then glued small cogs over the image and the ruler. 


the edges i finished of with pewter Treasure gold, after they had been 
distressed with a blade.


Finally brads were placed in the bottom corners.


I hope you all enjoyed reading this post. I think I am now finally
 getting better and hope to be back to my job soon.
As always thank you so much for stopping by 
and please leave me a comment to
 let me know what you think.
Happy Stamping!
Dee x



1 comment:

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant piece Dee, and so cleverly put together, - love it!!