A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Sunday 13 September 2015

That's Crafty Andy Skinner's Book Of Redemption

Hi everyone I was busy yesterday as I took some me time 
from family, work and the lovely chores. I went over to 
That's Crafty in Essex where the very talented 
Andy Skinner was doing a workshop. 
That's crafty is one of the most well equipped craft shop's that 
I have ever been to. It has the most amazing selection of
everything you could possibly want.
The Lovely lady (sorry didn't catch your name) who owned the shop
 went and got me some stamps that I had seen on line
but weren't on the shop floor.
This was my very first ever workshop having been self taught 
and my crafting has always been something I do on my
own away from other people to relax. 
 
I found Andy a very good teacher he was very approachable 
and helpful full of knowledge and of coarse he knows
 everything about my favourite products.
 
The other person who attended was the talented Mark Gould
also of Deco Art world and was the first person to
 introduce me to the Deco art Media range,
at the Artistic Stamper BBQ Birthday
 bash a year ago.
Did I learn new things about Deco art at the workshop?
yes I did I have never done image transfer before 
but now know how to used deco art products to 
achieve this amazing affect.
More to come from that over the coming year me thinks as 
my head is now full of idea's.
 
There are lot's of things to come over the next few months that 
are amazing. 
So I would like to thank the owners at That's Crafty and 
Andy Skinner for a wonderful day.
That's it for today folks.
Cheers Dee x


2 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Sounds, and looks, as though you had a brilliant time, Dee. I've taken a couple of classes with Andy and absolutely love his teaching style, very laid back but absolutely there with the knowledge when you need him. Mark's great too, so you were in very good company, and I love what you made.

I still find crafting with others around a slightly strange thing. To me it's a solitary activity for preference, but I do love the inspiration you get from a class.
Alison xx

Jackie PN said...

Fabulous peeks Dee!!
Sounds like you had a wonderful time- lucky you!!
looking forward to see what else may come from your creative table!!
Jackie xo